Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
– Ensure that proper aquatic care and husbandry is being provided to our aquatic life in the store.
– Act as the primary resource in their assigned store regarding all aquatic life education and care.
– Responsible for the achievement of the store's budgeted sales goals by driving sales in the aquatic life areas. This will be accomplished by effectively assisting customers in the proper selection of aquatic life and merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This position will receive day to day direction and coaching from the Companion Animal Department Manager.
– This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines. Individual judgment is occasionally required to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
– Have a strong interest in animal welfare and possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and husbandry.
– Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
– Be comfortable and proficient handling and caring for aquatic life of various types and species.
– Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes such as caring for aquatic life, maintaining proper water quality, setting up an maintaining displays and merchandise kits for sale and placing aquatic life orders.
– Maintain honesty and integrity in the work area.
– Move merchandise up to 50 pounds.
– Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although customer carryouts and veterinarian visits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from not following procedures. Ability and willingness to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and flexibility in scheduling of work hours including evenings and weekends to meet store needs.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.