Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents, and Petco partners. Since our founding, we have been trailblazing new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services, and creating communities that deepen the human-pet bond. Over the last three years, we have transformed the business from a successful traditional retailer to a disruptive, fully integrated, digital-focused provider of pet health and wellness offerings. We operate in a large, attractive growth market within an industry that serves many millions of households with pets and represents a rapidly growing addressable market. We operate more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including a growing network of in-store veterinary hospitals, and offer a complete online resource for pet health and wellness at petco.com and on the Petco app..
Petco is adding a VP, IT Infrastructure Services to our team to provide strategic direction across our growing enterprise, ensure alignment with business strategies, and oversee the Infrastructure, IT Operations, Network Operations, and Enterprise End User Support, including Pet Care Centers (stores) and Distribution Centers, and DevOps. You will strategically manage and ensure the management, analysis, development, deployment, and support of systems is consistent with Petco’s architecture, information security standards, and development guidelines. In this highly visible and impactful role, you will get to drive continuous improvement of the end user experience across the organization,
What you will get to do:
- Work directly with the CIO, BIOs, Enterprise Architecture and EPMO to validate that business and IT strategies can be operationally executed by IT in a secure and stable way
- Prioritize and monitor the portfolio of projects and ensure resources are assigned to keep work on time and on budget
- Work with the EPMO on global service delivery to ensure that all service providers are performing to expected service levels
- Work with CIO, EPMO and Finance to ensure that all IT elements are correctly estimated and tracked for budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that internal IT processes are developed and followed across IT and with external partners.
- Work with the BIOs and project leads to ensure that resources are on-boarded in support of project timelines.
- Lead the efforts around all IT infrastructure related projects.
- Audit contractual compliance and mitigate all risks with cross-functional IT partners.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners to understand their needs and ensure service delivery requirements are met and in line with company strategies and operations.
- Develop new strategies to drive IT productivity while driving down costs, including new opportunities for outsourcing, asset management and new ways to manage outside services.
- Develop our IT security controls, protocols and functions to ensure we are PCI, FTC and compliant to all legal requirements.
- Make sure controls are in place for all IT and projects to protect Petco’s brand from security related breaches and issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be an active member of the leadership team, working to optimize the utilization of IT investments in the most efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop an overall IT strategy as well as specific customer strategies for applications, infrastructure based on line-of-business needs, and enterprise-best practices and strategies
- Partner with the organization’s executive leadership to provide overall technical and managerial strategies for the organization with focus on IT operations
- Collaborate with department directors across the organization, company executives and key stakeholders for the coordination and alignment of objectives and functions across multiple functional areas (end user, outsourcing, projects, etc.) on corporate wide workflow and process improvement
- Deliver measurable business results through technology innovation. Prioritize IS projects and allocate resources based on the importance as determined by the company’s business objectives
- Develop and recommend annual and long-term staffing plans.
- Advise senior leadership on matters related to technology, application development and security
- Drive innovation and creative solutions to business challenges
- Prioritize, plan, manage, and execute critical technology initiatives
- Oversee operational and support needs for in production systems and ongoing projects, including managing teams of technical personnel through all phases of project development, roll-out, and implementation.
- Interface with other departments and management through the project process and manage changes to project plans. Propose budgets and schedules, set timetables for information systems projects, allocate resources, monitor progress, and troubleshoot solutions to project challenges.
- Manage to defined business practices, processes and procedures
- Ensure team members adhere to technical SDLC standards, estimation guidelines and best practices
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and maintain open lines of communication
- Provide leadership over the IT helpdesk, including design, development of SLAs for response and resolution, working with partners and teams to resolve issues
- Work with CIO, BIO’s and business to ensure IT Operations can support strategies and plans
- Work cross functionally with EPMO, global service delivery and project teams on resource allocation, on boarding, asset management, development of IT processes, IT change management, services auditing, contractual compliance, services management and performance against financial budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the usage and adoption of the ITIL process and all EPMO/AIM processes across IT
- Oversee and manage Software licensing compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Model leadership behaviors to management, staff and associates. Provide proactive leadership to maintain a positive business climate that motivates the team of onshore and off-shore resources consisting of both vendor partner and Petco partners. Serve as an effective advocate for change and growth
- Establish and promote an organizational culture that encourages leaders to seek and formulate ideas and opportunities that increase efficiency and that improve cost control, loss prevention, customer satisfaction, and company image. Ensure a culture that values and promotes collaboration between all stakeholders and business partners
- Ensure associates/partners in management positions are proven leaders who can meet operational objectives and manage an engaged workforce
- Hire, mentor, coach, and develop direct reports to ensure the highest competency and skill set necessary to meet and exceed Petco’s objectives
- Ensure continuation of excellence in Petco’s workforce through frequent discussions of high potential associates and initiating developmental opportunities. Actively pursue the development of bench strength through internal training and external recruitment
- Promote and support Petco’s total reward strategy to motivate and retain associates by ensuring objective performance management, equitable compensation treatment, access to job related training, assistance with career development/planning, appropriate rewards and recognition and communication of strategy to reporting departments
- Assure initiation, monitoring and maintenance of systems and policies necessary to safeguard the physical, financial, and human capital of the organization and customers
- Represent Petco to significant stakeholders. Prepare information and make presentations to various audiences including the executive, senior and mid-level managers, and Petco partners
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company's interests
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and through the work of subordinates
- Experience managing infrastructure and Operations group at company with revenues in excess of $2B. Must have managed a hybrid platform (On-prem and Cloud) and have strong knowledge of automation, orchestration and enterprise networks
- Experience partnering with InfoSec Operational teams, and a track record of implementing compliance with PCI, SOX and PII through direction and architecture of the InfoSec team
- Strong financial management skills
- Serve on or participate in key Steering and project committees as required
- Lead a team of 3 to 5 direct reports, up to 20 indirect reports, and offshore partners of up to 80
- Manage Director and Manager level technical staff; Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources
Education and Experience
- Senior level organization management, history of successfully overseeing multiple departments.
- Excellent knowledge of business principles and operations
- Ability to deep dive with IT professionals and then provide clear and informative briefings to the management team
- Strong familiarity with technologies utilized and supported by the department
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Combined minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience including five years at the VP Level is required, Retail experience strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge in IaaS, SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Strong acumen towards customer service and delivery, with a focus on sustainability and reliability of all services delivered
- Past experience with large enterprise networks, including LAN, WAN, WiFi, SDN and SDWAN
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence strategic information systems decisions, project management experience and a thorough understanding of all elements of a project lifecycle are necessary
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.