Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents, employees, and the communities we serve. Since our founding, we’ve been trailblazing new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services, and creating communities that deepen the bond between pets and pet parents. Over the last three years, we have transformed the business from a successful traditional retailer to a disruptive, fully integrated, digital-focused provider of pet health and wellness offerings. We operate in a large, attractive growth market within an industry that serves many millions of households with pets and represents a rapidly growing addressable market.
We operate more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including a growing network of in-store veterinary hospitals, and offering a complete online resource for pet health and wellness at petco.com and on the Petco app. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has invested more than $280 million since it was created in 1999 and helped find homes for more than 6.5 million animals.
We are currently transforming Finance at Petco and have a role open for a Director, Finance Business Partners – eCommerce (Director, FP&A). This role will play a critical role driving the development and optimization of Petco's next generation online store experience; one of our largest investment areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and partnering with our eCommerce, Merchandise Planning & Inventory, Finance and other related groups with various reporting functions to plan, analyze, and track the group’s performance towards achieving its financial goals. Incumbents work cross-functionally to identify risks and opportunities, synthesize reporting and data, and develop forecast data which is shared with the Senior Officers and Officers of the Company as well as perform an integral role in the annual budget planning process. This role will also assist in running the business and be a thought partner for leadership.
In this role, you will get to:
- Define online store objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Manage the full e-commerce P&L
- Partner with executive leaders in eCommerce, Merchandise Planning & Inventory, Finance, and Business Unit Leaders, on strategies, initiatives and budgets
- Review monthly financial details
- Plan and manage the weekly and monthly forecast reporting, a cross-functional process involving the development and distribution of department or account level templates and metric dashboards to various Officers, Directors and Managers of the organization, to capture the most current view of company performance
- Utilize skills to analyze complex metrics and financial data to identify trends that present opportunities or exposures for the Company and make recommendations on appropriate actions as needed
- Plan and manage the annual budget process
- Assist in the development and review of presentation materials monthly to Senior Officers and Officers and quarterly to the Board of Directors and as needed during the annual budget process
- Proactively evaluate systems, tools, policies, and procedures for opportunities to develop enhancements that reduce time required achieve desired outcomes
- Contribute to the development of 5 Year Strategic plans
- Directly manage and provide guidance to our financial management team including, interviewing, hiring, training, and managing employee performance
- Remotely manage associates at various corporate locations
- Provide financial guidance cross-functionally to non-financial officers and managers
The successful candidate will have:
- A 4-year degree in Business, preferably in Finance or Accounting. An MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in financial planning is required; including a minimum of 5 years of experience leading high-performing teams.
- An advanced level of interpersonal communications skills are necessary due to the nature and level of interaction with senior management and other departments
- The ability to accurately compile and interpret complex and varied information. Must also be able to organize and prioritize duties in order to meet external and internal deadlines.
- Advanced mathematical and statistical skills
- Advanced analytical financial modeling and conceptual skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Hyperion Essbase and other financial reporting systems
- Advanced data management organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Advanced project management skills
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.