Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Position Title: Social Media Manager Job Code: 1014
Department: Petco Foundation Grade: M2
Reports To: Dir, Marketing & Development Exemption Status: Exempt
The Social Media Manager will lead both the strategic and tactical development of Petco Foundation’s organic and paid social program. This includes defining, implementing and maintaining the overall strategy and deployment for community development, content production, content syndication, social engagement and paid social media marketing strategies and tactical plans across multiple social media platforms. The Social Media Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent and meaningful messaging across all social touch points that support the Foundation’s business objectives.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Adapt Foundation Brand voice and tone for all public facing communications across social.
Translate strategic direction from leaders into actionable, tactical outputs that supports achievement of Foundation business objectives.
Work with Foundation team to maintain the social media marketing budget, making adjustments as needed based on performance and business objectives.
Stay current on emerging trends, new technology, best practices and competitors to constantly evolve our social media marketing capabilities. Proactively understand impact to other digital/traditional marketing channels and work in tandem.
Forecast video and graphic needs and anticipated results of specific initiatives as well as knowing how video and graphics are integrated into larger marketing campaigns.
Develop and manage social editorial calendar, insuring successful and timely execution of content deliverables.
Lead, manage and cultivate the Petco Foundation’s Adoption Ambassador social influencer program to create meaningful impact to business objectives.
Develop and deploy strategy and tactics for active listening across social and recommend strategy based on findings.
Manage the implementation of Sprinklr as the Petco Foundation’s primary social planning, listening and analytics tool.
Develop and own goals and performance metrics for programs; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
Function as a subject-matter expert and resource within the organization.
Other tasks and duties as assigned
Role will have direct impact on Petco Foundation internal and external communications.
Nature of Supervision:
General guidance is provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed.
Position reports directly to the Dir., Marketing and Development. This position develops partnerships with and across various departments and teams in the organization to accomplish Petco Foundation’s social media marketing objectives. They must be able to clearly articulate and present strategies and results throughout the organization and manage by influence in conjunction with their direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or public relations or relevant experience.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience and proven success leading the strategy and execution of social content including large-scale paid social media campaigns.
- Proven success in driving channel and engagement growth that supports business objectives.
- Knowledge of the evolving social media industry including new and emerging social and influencer platforms.
- Excellent written communication skills as well as editing and proof-reading skills.
- Superior relationship-building skills.
- Deep understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
- Positive, solutions-oriented with a strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and teammates.
- Nimbleness, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them accurately and on schedule. Willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategy on the fly.
- Willingness to listen to feedback from others and find the best ways to incorporate that feedback.
- Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects that have tight turnaround times by adjusting schedules for other projects and clearly communicating those changes to stakeholders and teammates.
- Self-motivated, good at taking initiative, and comfortable operating under a degree of ambiguity.
- Passionate about animal welfare and the Petco Foundation mission.
- Experience with Sprinklr is a plus.
- Analyze Information – Gathers and analyzes the most critical information needed to understand problems. Identifies the key issues in complex or ambiguous problems. Breaks down problems into manageable components. Recognizes symptoms that indicate problems.
- Demonstrate Credibility – Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct in dealing with people. Acts consistently with stated policies and practices. Does not disclose confidential information.
- Plan and Execute Efficiently – Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives (e.g., optimizing staffing schedules). Plans and manages his/her own and others’ time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.
- Seek Customer Satisfaction -Ensures the accurate understanding of customer needs (e.g., ensures that customer-facing employees ask key questions). Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Ensures follow-up with customers to confirm problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service (including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
- Select and Develop – Identifies and recruits/refers qualified people. Makes accurate evaluations of people's capabilities and fit. Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance. Provides coaching and guidance where appropriate to enhance others' skill development.
- Use Appropriate Judgment – Makes sound decisions regarding everyday issues and problems. Chooses from alternatives based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and available resources. Evaluates the impact or consequences of actions and decisions (e.g., impacts on sales, customer satisfaction). Makes timely decisions regarding problems/issues requiring immediate attention.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors at a computer terminal. Due to the unpredictable nature of social media, candidate must be on call via mobile device off hours.
This position will work with closely with the Petco Foundation team and members of the Petco Marketing and Corporate Communications teams. Given the nature of their role, they will need to build strong relationships throughout the company in order to meet organization goals.
The above description is meant to provide an overview/summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. PETCO reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time without advance notice and employees are required to follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by their supervisor. Further, all employment at PETCO is of an at-will nature and, as such, the company reserves its right to terminate any position or employee (with or without notice and with or without cause) within its discretion.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.