Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
This position is responsible for developing and driving the strategic direction and product development for key supplies brands and categories. This person will analyze the business, complete competitive assessments and understand consumer trends/insights to elevate and differentiate Owned Brand assortments.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develop and Drive Brand/Category Strategies and Analysis
- Partners with key Cross Functional team to drive innovation, develop product, determine owned brand assortment, and create brand integrity.
- Communicates, conceptualizes, develops, and sets standards for owned and exclusive branded Supply product; direct and domestic imports.
- Creates comprehensive, cohesive brand/category presentations.
- Aggressively pursues new business opportunities and brings to fruition successfully (domestically and overseas).
- Partners with Global Sourcing partners to source/purchase owned and exclusive branded products following all details, pricing strategies, and timing.
- Completes follow-up on all placement’s to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines, and deliveries are met as contracted.
- Facilitates the development process for timely milestone meetings and approvals for all private and exclusive merchandise.
- Ensures product standards are met once orders are placed with a specific maker.
- Active involvement with and knowledge of Petco’s factory compliance efforts.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Builds a working partnership with Petco’s merchant and design team; takes the leadership role in creating owned brand product lines.
- Leads the working relationships between all parties involved in the development and production of owned and exclusive branded merchandise for Petco
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
Will directly manage and develop an Assistant product Manager and/or Specialist. Key point of contact and strategist for Owned Brand responsibility; works closely with Merchants, Design, Sourcing, Brand Marketing, Ecommerce and In Store Visual.
Operates in a standard office environment. The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Day and overnight domestic travel to vendors, seminars and/or conferences is required periodically throughout the year. Extended domestic and overseas travel may occur periodically throughout the year.