Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Petco is looking for a person passionate about driving member retention and engagement through lifecycle marketing and customer-centric strategies. This role encompasses management of specific lifecycle stages from program strategy to execution, including budgeting, strategy, partnering/resourcing, optimization/analysis, creative development, tools development and execution. Strategy examples include customer lifecycle campaigns (eg, Lapsed Member, New Member, etc) based on exhibited customer behaviors; pet lifecycle campaigns based on the pet and pet parent’s relationship; and product and service lifecycle campaigns. Lifecycle strategies will involve every customer touchpoint as needed, including email, direct mail, SMS, push notifications, paid, online, in app, and in store. This role will be responsible for partnering with analytics and insights to inform the strategy, and for bringing leaders of each customer touchpoint together to develop the go-to-market approach. This role is responsible for partnering with Engagement Platforms, IT and analytics on the technical requirements needed to power these strategies, and to receive reporting on each program’s performance.
These programs drive multi-channel traffic and sales throughout the year and maintain the connection between Petco and pet parents. These initiatives align with our strategic marketing growth areas in order to acquire new customers and members Petco, increase member engagement, deliver the Petco brand promise, and drive sales and traffic. Models and acts in accordance with Petco’s guiding values and mission.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize potential customer lifecycle stage and business KPI focus. Set goals, develop strategies to achieve them and measure impact.
- Identify strengths and opportunities in customer base, leveraging targeted marketing programs and planning customer offers and incentive programs to deliver ROI-positive results
- Act as subject matter expert on membership lifecycle marketing and CRM for the enterprise, partnering cross-divisionally to ensure consistent program operations and implementation.
- Partner with Customer Engagement Platforms, IT and analytics to fully understand existing capabilities and provide guidance and prioritization on new functionality needed, for internal systems and 3rd party tools
- Align all customer touch points with targeted creative communications developed and produced to support the membership program and meet the specific campaign objectives. Work with the creative team to ensure each element is in line with the customer type and PETCO’s branding and value statements.
- Enhance knowledge customer behavior and changes by partnering with Analytics to develop deeper understanding of behavior, key drivers and motivators.
- Lead new campaign development in order to enhance programming and add to our offer toolkit for deeper customer engagement.
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Insights, Analytics, Member Programs teams to analyze business and marketing data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving customer acquisition, engagement retention.
- Effectively translate analytics into clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Drive continued innovation in evolving lifecycle marketing most effective at engaging the consumer audience at scale
- Forecast results from various tactics and advocate for resource prioritization
- Articulate lifecycle marketing strategy and communicate results to key stakeholders; executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- Maintain, analyze, produce and communicate to management, third parties, and partners the progress, opportunities and results of all lifecycle programs.
- Prepare annual budgets for programs assigned and manage expenses in accordance with established budget, while maximizing profitability.
Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer. Limited travel to vendors, seminars and/or conferences may be required periodically throughout the year.